The cookbook Ottolenghi Test Kitchen 'Shelf Love', released in September 2021, is the first Ottolenghi OTK cookbook. Ottolenghi has taken a new direction with his Test Kitchen, 'Shelf Love' is the first of a series of books. He works with his team from a 'Test Kitchen' in London. Together with Noor Murad, he is working on a series of books that help you cook intuitively with products that you often have at home, a bag of corn in the freezer or a can of beans in the cupboard. Each recipe also states which other product you could vary with. And on each page a small corner to make your own notes for the adjustments you make to the dish yourself.
I've already seen a few recipes that I already know I'm going to love. Delicious comfort food such as 'The creamy hummus of your dreams' "Polenta with cheese and tomato sauce" and "Candied Tandoori frog peas'. And the delicious recipe of the ' Stuffed pointed peppers with polenta and cheese ' can be found here.
(Lima) beans with pickled lemon, chili pepper and herb oil.
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 mild red chili peppers, finely chopped with seed list and already
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, bruised
- 3 pickled lemons, flesh removed and the skin cut into narrow strips (I myself only had 1 pickled lemon in the house and I used it in its entirety, this also tasted delicious)
- 11/2 tbsp coarsely
- chopped thyme leaves 4 sprigs
- of rosemary (I used dried ones myself from the Gin Tonic box)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste 170 ml olive oil
- 1 can lima beans, drained weight 550 grams. (I myself had some Lima beans and lupin beans at home, it was a great combination)
- 2 large vine tomatoes, peel removed and coarsely grated
- Coarse sea salt flakes and ground black pepper to taste
Ottolenghi Test Kitchen 'Shelf Love'
- Put the first 8 ingredients with 1 tsp salt in a medium pan and put it on medium to low heat, stir everything together. Heat everything gently for about 25 minutes until it smells wonderful but is not completely brown. As soon as the oil gets too hot, turn the heat is lower.
- Stir in the beans, now turn the heat halfway high and let everything simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and leave the contents on for at least an hour and longer if you have more time.
- In the meantime, mix the grated tomato with 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Before serving, pour the arc mixture into a shallow dish, spoon the grated tomato over it and mix it slightly here and there.