This cauliflower curry (Gobi Masala) is nice and creamy and full of fresh and dried spices and vegetables and is therefore very healthy. It is a vegan recipe, also suitable for people who follow a keto diet.
- 1 medium cauliflower divided into florets
- 1 can cooked chickpeas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cm ginger finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 dried chili peppers
- 250 ml coconut milk
- One cup of water
- Fresh coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- Grind the cumin, peppers and coriander seeds finely or crush them in the mortar.
- Heat the coconut oil and fry the onion for 3 minutes until it becomes glassy.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir fry for another minute.
- Now add the dried spices and salt and stir fry for another minute until it starts to smell nice.
- Add the cauliflower and chickpeas together with the water. Cook gently for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, taste and possibly add some salt.
- Serve with fresh coriander, naan or rice.