The Poke Bowl or also called Poké Bowl is originally a dish of finely chopped fish that is served both as a starter and main course in Hawaiian cuisine. I myself have come to know the Poke Bowl as a Sushi bowl, sliced fish in a bowl with all the tasty ingredients that are also in sushi.
If I sometimes think 'What do we eat today', a tasty Poke Bowl is very quickly one of my favorites. It is an easy and quick recipe with great results.
I usually eat this Poke bowl as a vegean dish with tofu but you can easily make different variations with it. A poke bowl of salmon is also delicious or make it a Poke bowl chicken by adding chicken. With mushrooms and mushrooms or a hard boiled egg if you prefer to eat a vegetarian or vegan Poke Bowl.
A poke bowl is a nice lunch or a light meal for a summer day.
I always use Udon noodles for this Poke bowl. Udon Noodles are made from wheat flour but if you prefer not to eat that you can also use the Su-oen from Go-tan, which is made from mung beans.
- Udon noodles or Su-oen of Go-tan
- 1 block Silken tofu
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 bowl snow peas
- 2 tablespoons salted peanuts
- 4 tablespoons coriander
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1/2 red pepper in thin slices
- 1 slice lemon
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Ingredients cucumber marinade
- 2 tablespoons mirin 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Pul Biber/Aleppo pepper (which can be found in the box with Ottolenghi spices.)
- Mix the Mirin, rice vinegar and Pul Biber/Aleppo pepper in a bowl. Cut the cucumber with skin into oblique slices and place the cucumber in this marinade for at least half an hour.
- Blanch the snow peas for 30 seconds in boiling, salted water and set aside.
- Cut the avocado into slices and sprinkle some lemon over it against discoloration.
- Boil the Udon noodles for 7 minutes (or according to the package) and then rinse with cold water. The Su-oen only needs to be soaked in boiling water for 3 minutes, which you then rinse under the cold tap.
- Cut the Silken tofu into pieces and fry it briefly in sesame oil.
- Divide the Su-oen over two bowls and divide cucumber, avocado, tofu, snow peas and peanuts over the two bowls. Garnish with coriander, sesame seeds and red pepper.
- Make variations by stir-frying some spinach, for example.
- Cauliflower with Pul Biber/Aleppo pepper and cook 10 minutes in the oven.
- Blanch carrot slices briefly and then put them in the same marinade as those of the cucumbers.
- With crabsticks.
- Or a poke bowl with shrimp......